These days making a business deal requires more than just a handshake. Protect yourself and others by having a contract when going into any type of business agreement with someone.
Why Consider Having A Contract?
If you have a business, no matter the size, where you agree with your client on a specific matter, a contract can help with the following:
- To specify what is expected from each party and the details of the transaction. For example, the work that will be done, prices, and due dates and/or a milestone timeline.
- Your clients will take you, and the agreement more seriously
- They protect both you and the client
- Contracts minimize risk
- Makes it easier to resolve any conflict that arises
- Helps you look more professional
- You can enforce your agreement because contracts are binding and legally enforceable
- Even after the job is complete, a contract can help you handle a situation if issues arise down the road
Get Help Building A Contract
While many contracts have a great deal of legal terms and are intimidating, they don’t have to be this way. They can be written in a simple language as long as all parties involved agree on everything.
If you need help writing up a contract, Harman Law Firm, your attorney in Augusta and Atlanta can help. Also, we’re here for you if there has been a breach of contract and you need legal assistance. Not sure if you need a lawyer? Contact us and find out. We can help you pointed in the right direction.
Posted on behalf of